CareersThe Center for Infectious Disease Research has some of the brightest minds in science, technology, mathematics, and various non-scientific areas of expertise working to solve some of the world’s most complex problems – infectious diseases.
We’re looking for audacious, driven, and inspired individuals to join our mission to make transformative scientific advancements that lead to the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Located in the bustling South Lake Union neighborhood, the Center offers competitive benefits, state-of-the-art facilities and technologies, and a culture of scientific rigor and community engagement.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits program to employees.
Pay Protection Programs
- Paid sick, vacation, and holidays
- Personal paid days, including new parent, bereavement, and jury duty
- Center-sponsored disability and life insurance programs
- Emergency assistance if unexpected situations arise
Healthcare & Well-being
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage for most employees and their families
- Employee Assistance Program, including stress management, counseling, and grief support
- Medical and non-medical leave options
- Friendly competitions with colleagues
- Center-sponsored volunteer events
Financial Savings Programs
- Pre-tax retirement savings plan with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and daycare expenses
- Subsidized, pre-tax commuter options
- Access to legal and financial professionals; child and elder care referrals; budgeting, debt management, and identity theft resolution support through our Employee Assistance Program
Africa's average lifespan is only 47 years
In 1815, the average life expectancy was 47 year in the United States. In Africa, in 2015, 200 years later, the life expectancy is still 47 years.